Because, dear Friends, Modena lies in the heart of the so-called Food Valley, a miraculous land which produces tresaures like Parmesan cheese, Prosciutto, Lambrusco (the king of local red wines), Traditional Balsamic Vinegar, salami known as Cotechino and Zampone, fresh pasta like tortellini and tagliatelle, and a typical fragrant focaccia known as tigella.
In 2016, The World’s 50 Best Restaurants Academy declared The Osteria Francescana Restaurant, a famous one in the city managed by the chef Massimo Bottura, as the best restaurant in the world.
A unique and excellent product is, for instance, the Traditional Balsamic Vinegar obtained from local cooked grape must, conserved and aged for at least 12 months in small wooden barrels.
Traditional Modena Balsamic Vinegar is a perfect match with aged cheese, risotto, boiled meats, ice-cream and fruit.
Lambrusco is another champion of Modena’s territory. It’s a wine with a red or rosè brilliant colour, full of strenght and character, obtained from aboriginal grapes. It’s a perfect companion of all traditional food like fresh pasta: tortellini with broth and tagliatelle seasoned with meat and tomato sauce.
Finally, Modena’s territory reserves tigellas, a rounded small type of focaccia stuffed with lard, garlic, salt and rosemary or with traditional salami and prosciutto or several types of cheese.
Tryed for you:
* Danilo’s Restaurant via Coltellini 31, Modena, traditional dishes, boiled meats with sauce, tortellini and fresh pasta by cheese and Traditional Balsamic Vinegar;
* Stallo del Pomodoro largo Hannover 63, Modena, seasonal and regional cooking, don’t miss bunny with tomato and Lambrusco sauce;
* Tigellino Largo San Giorgio 95, Modena, the temple of tigellas prepared in one thousand ways;
* Garuti Farm via Carlo Testa 16, Sorbara-Bomporto (Mo), an ideal address for Lambrusco wine and Traditional Balsamic Vinegar. It’s also possible to dine in the farm and follow guided tours to winery and vinegar factory;
* Covered Market Albinelli via Albinelli, Modena, open fron monday to saturday, it’s a liberty temple of taste; here you can buy excellent traditional food directly from the producers;
For more informations: Visit Modena